The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with account ownership and reseller status

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by triatma, Dec 24, 2003.

1. triatma

triatma Member

hi,

i am having a funny problem with some accounts i imported from one whm server to another. on the destination, all the imported accounts are being listed in the "list accounts" with the reseller named "root" (probably because that is the way it was at the source computer).

however, when i click on change ownership and change it to another reseller name e.g. zyx, it stills shows up with the reseller named "root" in the "list accounts". when i click to see its ownership, it is showing me as the zyx as the reseller of the account, but does not reflect it in the "list accounts" page and also does not show up when reseller zyx logs into whm using his username and password.

any help is appreciated.

2. Host4u2

Host4u2 Well-Known Member

Did you try running "/scripts/updateuserdomains" (no quotes) from ssh?

3. triatma

triatma Member

doesn't work :(

/scripts/updateuserdomains: line 7: {HUP}: command not found
    /scripts/updateuserdomains: line 8: {INT}: command not found
    /scripts/updateuserdomains: line 10: syntax error near unexpected token `$hostname'
    /scripts/updateuserdomains: line 10: `my ($hostname);'

#3 triatma, Dec 25, 2003
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2003
  4. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You might want to re-check your settings. Whenever doing a transfer it is done in 'root' mode, so naturally the accounts will be owned by 'root' on the destination Server -- and will also use the Host IP address unless you chose to "give an IP" in the transfer setup, which is not recommended.

Also, once transfer is done the Reseller must then assign one of their packages to the account. You should also check the DNS settings for each transferred account.

5. triatma

triatma Member

while transfer, the original packages were also transferred. the packages belonged to that particular reseller so there's no problem there.

the problem is with the accounts not being displayed under that particular reseller's login.

do you think looking at the dns entries for the various accounts of that reseller is going to solve the problem, and list them under that particular reseller's login ?