The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with add on domain for uk

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cjg, Sep 17, 2002.

1. cjg

cjg Member

Hello,

We have encountered a problem when trying to add a .co.uk domain through a customers cpanel. It gives this error:

Domain already exists, it was not added.
    Sorry, that domain (problemdomain.co.uk) is already pointed at an ip address that does not appear to use dns servers on this server or master servers! Please transfer the domain to this server's nameservers or have your admin add one of its nameservers ips to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver!

Now the thing is that this domain is using our nameservers and it is showing up in the swhois database at http://www.swhois.net/ as using our nameservers.

I have removed the domain to protect our customers confidentiality. The same domain, will successfully park, but we need it to be pointed to a different directory. Is there a solution to this? Is it because cpanel can not check .uk domains?

Regards

Christopher Gregory.

2. moronhead

moronhead Well-Known Member

Cpanel probably is not able to verify .uk domains at this time. You will need to open a support ticket through your WHM.

3. robilix

robilix Member

same error when add parked domains

i have the same error when i have to add parked domains.

Sorry, that domain (page.ro) is already pointed at an ip address that does not appear to use dns servers on this server or master servers! Please transfer the domain to this server's nameservers or have your admin add one of its nameservers ips to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver!

it's not a co.uk domain, it's a .ro domain.

thanks
    Robert

4. cjg

cjg Member

Hello,

I submitted a support ticket from whm last night. Still waiting for a reply. Hopefully it will be resolved quickly for all.

5. moronhead

moronhead Well-Known Member

I see from latest WHM news that this issue is now resolved. Apply the latest Cpanel update and see if country domains are now recognized.

6. cjg

cjg Member

Hello,

I upgraded to the latest, and the same results. Don't know if there is a build greater than 68 but that is the last version I tried it on.

I have submitted a bugzilla report on this. Still waiting for cpanel to actually respond to the support request submitted last night.

7. Maximiliam

Maximiliam Well-Known Member

We have .68 and it still does not work.