Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Problem with Advanced Guestbook & MySQL

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChemicalWH, Mar 18, 2006.

1. ChemicalWH

ChemicalWH Active Member

Every now and then the following lines show up in MySQL processes, and just keep coming untill the mysql server crashes:

| 8629 | **_agbook1 | localhost | **_agbook1 | Sleep | 522 | | |
    | 8668 | **_agbook1 | localhost | **_agbook1 | Query | 238 | Copying to tmp table | select x.*, y.p_filename, y.width, y.height, z.comments from book_data x left join book_pics y on (x |
    | 8669 | **_agbook1 | localhost | **_agbook1 | Query | 231 | Copying to tmp table | select x.*, y.p_filename, y.width, y.height, z.comments from book_data x left join book_pics y on (x |
    | 8674 | **_agbook1 | localhost | **_agbook1 | Query | 170 | Copying to tmp table | select x.*, y.p_filename, y.width, y.height, z.comments from book_data x left join book_pics y on (x |
    | 8682 | **_agbook1 | localhost | **_agbook1 | Query | 35 | Copying to tmp table | select x.*, y.p_filename, y.width, y.height, z.comments from book_data x left join book_pics y on (x |

Anyone have any ideas about how i can solve this?

Thanks in advance,
    Ruud Goedhart

2. ctbhost

ctbhost Well-Known Member

i am having the same problem - did you find an answer to this ??

3. ChemicalWH

ChemicalWH Active Member

turned out that the guestbook was being heavily spammed.. (which is a common problem with Advanced guestbook), i deleted the guestbook, since it was no longer in use.. but maybe the following link gives another solution:
    http://www.carbonize.co.uk/AG/

Keep me informed ;) i've just been too busy to test it myself.

Ruud