Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Problem with Apache/mod_ssl upgrade

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by Escaflowne, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Escaflowne

Escaflowne Active Member

WHM tells me to upgrade Apache. OK. I have Apache 1.3.31 installed, and the newest version (according to WHM) is 1.3.33. I have mod_ssl 2.8.19 installed, and the newest version (according to WHM is 2.8.22). OK.
    I've run /scripts/updatenow to update scripts, and then I've run /scrips/easyapache, chose 7 and watched.
    Everything went smoothly, but... WHM still says, that I got the old versions of Apache and mod_ssl installed. I checked Apache's error log and WHM is right. No upgrade was really performed. What did I do wrong? Or, what didn't I do? :confused:

2. brentp

brentp Well-Known Member

Escaflowne: option 7 as i recall loads your last config which is probably when you compiled apache 1.3.31, choose option 6. I use, php 4.0.10, mod ssl, suexec, gd, calendar, bcmath, mbstrings, mcrypt, mysql module, postgresql, and xml rpc.

Regards,
    Brent

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Escaflowne

Escaflowne Active Member

OK, I chose 6 and still the version-I-already-have installed got installed. No, wait... /scripts/easyapache just compiled PHP, it didn't even look at Apache...