The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Apache/mod_ssl upgrade

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by Escaflowne, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Escaflowne

Escaflowne Active Member

WHM tells me to upgrade Apache. OK. I have Apache 1.3.31 installed, and the newest version (according to WHM) is 1.3.33. I have mod_ssl 2.8.19 installed, and the newest version (according to WHM is 2.8.22). OK.
    I've run /scripts/updatenow to update scripts, and then I've run /scrips/easyapache, chose 7 and watched.
    Everything went smoothly, but... WHM still says, that I got the old versions of Apache and mod_ssl installed. I checked Apache's error log and WHM is right. No upgrade was really performed. What did I do wrong? Or, what didn't I do? :confused:

2. brentp

brentp Well-Known Member

Escaflowne: option 7 as i recall loads your last config which is probably when you compiled apache 1.3.31, choose option 6. I use, php 4.0.10, mod ssl, suexec, gd, calendar, bcmath, mbstrings, mcrypt, mysql module, postgresql, and xml rpc.

Regards,
    Brent

3. Escaflowne

Escaflowne Active Member

OK, I chose 6 and still the version-I-already-have installed got installed. No, wait... /scripts/easyapache just compiled PHP, it didn't even look at Apache...