Dec 11, 2018
India
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
i am using cPanel from 2004 the best thing -- BUT AS YOU are growing you are unable to handle the bugs now i feel --- your CPANEL LIVE API is full of bug and many people are complaining about this but you are not able to SORT IT OUT.

I trying to use UAPI -- used WHM API to create SUBDOMAIN gives error -- UnAuthorised -
Then Used LIVEPHP call giving error
On Catch giving this error -- There was a problem fetching the env variablecontaining the path to the socket
On ERROR LOGS
Fatal error
: Uncaught exception 'RuntimeException' with message 'There was a problem fetching the env variablecontaining the path to the socket' in /usr/local/cpanel/php/cpanel.php:146 Stack trace: #0 /home1/-Removed-/public_html/test.php(23): CPANEL->__construct() #1 {main} thrown in /usr/local/cpanel/php/cpanel.php on line 146

If team is unable to provide solution or unable to remove the bug then API 1 is better to restart....

check
- Removed -

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello @Shailender Ahuja,

The LiveAPI system provides environments for applications in the cPanel interface. Thus, you should not use the LiveAPI system because your script exists within an account and is served by Apache, as opposed to a plugin that loads directly from the cPanel user interface.

If you're attempting to develop a PHP script that makes use of UAPI or WHM API 1 functionality, then the following user-submitted example should offer some insight on how to do this:

[Moderator Note: Removed Link due to use of third-party URL]

If this isn't helpful, can you let me know more information about the API functions you are attempting to execute, and how you are attempting to execute them?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2018
India
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Ok, sorry then its my mistake to took as a solution to build my SAAS package for my software --- so if cpanel do not support such things then --- how we can create a SAAS solution.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello @Shailender Ahuja,

1. What is the purpose of the script you are developing? For instance, are you attempting to integrate or automate a particular cPanel & WHM feature?

2. Will the public need to access this script?

Please provide as many details as possible.

Thank you.

Dec 11, 2018
India
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Hi,

Like us there are many SAAS based solution startups having need for using some of the API to serve their clients --- those startups who are not hard code coder of cPANEL.

They are mostly relied on standard API calling method to create SubDomain services for their SAAS PRODUCTS and creating other options on their server.

Me for - Removed - and one of my client do need the solution but your support team replied
"Our LIVEPHP api is for internal usage not for any scripts to perform some actions". and for solution they have given some stackoverflow link of non verified developer -- till that repository supports cpanel it will work -- and we don't want such unprofessional solutions

Without this support we are unable to move to server our service...

- Removed -

Thanks
Shailender Ahuja
- Removed -

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 11, 2018
India
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
1. What is the purpose of the script you are developing? For instance, are you attempting to integrate or automate a particular cPanel & WHM feature?
Ans: We want our customer to create a login and the backend code will also create a subdomain of its company name,Simple.

2. Will the public need to access this script?
Ans: There will not be any PUBLIC access to the script...

Its for internal usage only ....

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Thank you for providing the additional information.

Ans: We want our customer to create a login and the backend code will also create a subdomain of its company name,Simple.
Can you provide more information about "customer to create a login"? For instance, is this when the cPanel account itself is created? Or, is the username created in your third-party application? If in a third-party application, is this a web-based application? For instance:

1. cPanel account is created >> Subdomain is automatically created.

Or;

2. Account is created on a website's PHP application >> Subdomain is automatically created.

This is important to know as it will help determine the best approach to take.

Thanks!

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Last edited: