Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Problem with AutoSSL on Two Accounts

Discussion in 'Security' started by xanadu, Jul 6, 2018.

1. xanadu

xanadu Member

One of our VPS has only 10 domains being hosted, on 8 of them Auto SSL works perfectly, on two of them it doesn't, but checking all settings I cannot see any issue. On WHM 'Auto Manage Auto SSL' all domains appear to be treated identically.

I am obviously missing a step in trouble shooting this issue, any hints would be gratefully received

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @xanadu

Would it be possible for you to show us the logs from AutoSSL for the two domains that are failing (remove the actual domain name)? You can find them at WHM>>SSL/TLS>>Manage AutoSSL -> Logs

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. g4 design house

g4 design house Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I hate to piggy back off another thread, but I cannot for the life of me see where to start my own. we have over 100 sites on one of our servers, all using auto-ssl, but one of them keep getting an error message all of a sudden:

DNS DCV: The DNS query to “_cpanel-dcv-test-record.#####” for the DCV challenge returned no “TXT” record that matches the value “_cpanel-dcv-test-record=u0XFA6PL4MpocdosApvZMn41c6TGWG8eHQ8pOhaXynhvIMTVdEvSwR3kTFcP6G9J”.; HTTP DCV: The system failed to fetch the DCV (Domain Control Validation) file at “#####/.well-known/pki-validation/F763F539763D8269490B44FEAF736CE2.txt” because of an error: The system failed to send an HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol) “GET” request to “#######/.well-known/pki-validation/F763F539763D8269490B44FEAF736CE2.txt” because of an error: Could not connect to '#######:80': Network is unreachable. The domain “#######” resolved to an IP address “2607:f1c0:100f:f000:0:0:0:29a” that does not exist on this server.

I masked the domain - all the sites use the same IP of course and no changes seem to have occurred with the domains dns as the site is live.

Any direction on this or how to start a new thread and I would appreciate it.

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I think leaving your post here works ok. As for starting new threads, when in a main forum, top right corner of page you'll see a button titled "Post New Thread". See here for example:
    Security Forum

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider

Is that IPv6 address present on your server? Are you using anything like CloudFlare on the domain?