Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Problem with awstats results... [moved]

Discussion in 'Database Discussion' started by charifmo, Aug 11, 2006.

1. charifmo

charifmo Member

Problem with awstats results...

Hello everybody...

I use the awstats included in cpanel stats tools, when I display the part of statistcs that concerns the visitors country, I notice that almost visitors came from USA and the rest coming from hungary...but the only problem is that almost visitors are in morocco indeed :eek: because the site is destinated to be used in this country...so please explain me where is the problem? Is it about apache or netstat or what ?:rolleyes:

#1 charifmo, Aug 11, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2006
  2. nickp666

nickp666 Well-Known Member

nothing to do with apache or netstat, its more than likely the IP country allocation database.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. charifmo

charifmo Member

How?

How to change or update the ip/country Database in my server :rolleyes: please!

4. RickG

RickG Well-Known Member

You'll need to enable the GeoIP plugin in your awstats configuration file (/usr/local/cpanel/etc/awstats.conf). See this page at AWStats for more info:
    http://awstats.sourceforge.net/docs/awstats_contrib.html#PLUGINS

#4 RickG, Aug 16, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2006
  5. charifmo

charifmo Member

Finding awstats.conf !

thk ya I think this is the solution !

the server is in the US, and I m now in france...so the only way to do what u proposed is to be connected to the server by SSH...

Now when I m connected, I don't find the file awstats.conf within the path " /usr/local/cpanel/etc/" you mentioned, so there is nothing in /usr/local/ but the two directoies /bin and /lib what's wrong !? :eek:

6. RickG

RickG Well-Known Member

The directory structure may differ depending on systems etc. Via SSH, what happens if you simply run: locate awstats.conf

Is it found in any directories?

7. charifmo

charifmo Member

can t run updatedb

When I try the comand locate I have a warning : could not open database : /war/lib/slocate.db (no such file or dir), You need to run "updatedb"...
    when i do so -> fatal error: updatedb: You are not authoriezed to create a default slocate database... when i try to log as super user su i have this response "-jailshell: /bin/su: permission denied "
    what could i do !!??