The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Bulletin Board install

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nameless, Sep 26, 2003.

1. Nameless

Nameless Member

Hello All!
    I have found the following problem:
    When my users click on install Bulletin Board, Cpanel say that it installed and in user home directory for this software directory has been created. But when he try open it in browser, like http://userhost.com/forum/ , browser has been redirected to http://userhost.com/forum/install/install.php
    I have checked /usr/local/cpanel/3dparty and found here phpBB2.tar.gz and xmb2phpbb. xmb2phpbb looks like conversion sripts for phpBB. Can anybody explain, why are they needed? At the present time i setup forum manually from archive for my user. Can anybody prompt me, what's wrong with this software?
    Thanks in advance, Alex.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. Jemshi

Jemshi Well-Known Member

cpanel installation never worked fine for me :-(

I prefer a manual install :)

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

3. moggy

moggy Registered

Similar problem here

I'm a new domain user at Crosswinds. I used CpenelX to install the bulletin board phpBB and when I go to the link prompted I'm told the page doesn't exist. Using the file manager I see that in the new "board" folder, the installation has not created an "install" subfolder, nor the "install" script file that is supposed to be inside. I've seen similar problems reported at the phpBB forum, and they say it is a cPanel issue.

I'd be grateful for any help or suggestions as to how to complete the bulletin board install and get it up and running?

4. moggy

moggy Registered

It's fixed - not sure how!

Downloaded phpbb zip file, unzipped it on my home computer, copied the install and other folder up into the partial install on ther server. Could then go to install.php in the browser, and get the "install" form. However that didn't work because the installer then reported it "couldn't connect to the database".

Scratched my head over that for a bit, then decided to repeat the whole process from scratch. Deleted the folder with the install, delted the MySql database. Went to cPanel and started a second board installation.

This time it sprang fully installed into full operation. So I don't know what it was??? Just glad its up and running.