The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with cPanel file manager

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sketro, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Sketro

Sketro Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hey guys.

Never had this before(after my computer fresh restart) problem, where I see only grey field when I try to open file manager in my cPanel control. clicking "open file manager" it pops up a grey field without any information. I thought I don't have adobe flash player(when I had problems with adobe flash player, it was the same interface of error, so that's why I thought about it) but my browser has it. I tried on different browsers but same thing, nothing happened differently. Even though, I'm using windows 8.1 it's not about it because before my fresh restart I had and have it windows 8.1. I even used different free web hosting providers but same problem everywhere. Can someone help me with this problem ? I would be really grateful for this kind of help. I hope so someone can solve this problem. :) P.S. I'm uploading screenshot how it looks like. file_manager.jpg

#1 Sketro, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You'll need to contact your Hosting Provider about this. By your screenshot it appears they've got a heavily modified version of cPanel, if that screenshot is even from a cPanel installation, and they would be the ones you need to get in touch with.

cPanel doesn't come with ads and facebook like buttons in it like that.

Sketro likes this.
  3. Sketro

Sketro Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    U might be right. However, at this moment can't try it with different computer it might be something else(tomorrow I will have a chance to try it). It is, a cPanel(look down below). About modification it's a layout because when u go else it stays at the same spot. The odd thing about file manager , at first time they required to install file manager by clicking on it(like I would click on "open file manager" button but with other meaning"install file manager").Of course after that installation it goes with "open file manager". Strange, extra task shouldn't be like that. Perhaps something didn't worked well on my computer about that task and cost me this trouble. I will replay if I had the same problem with different computer or getting answer from hosting provider. Anyway, thanks for replaying I truly appreciate it. View attachment 28121

Attached Files:

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Your Hosting Provider should be of more assistance with this than anyone on these forums could be, I think, looking at those screenshots.

I would only add that you get what you pay for. ;)

Good luck with this.