The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with csf / lfd blocking someone due to pop3 for no reason

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ABouchard55, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ABouchard55

ABouchard55 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi
    I have a problem on my cPanel server where a client is constantly blocked by lfd, with this error in the logs (informations are hidden on purpose):

May 10 15:17:03 mail lfd[20531]: pop3d - 61 logins in 986 secs from **.**.191.142 (CA/Canada/bas1-legardeur06-1176354702.dsl.bell.ca) for m***r@m***l.com exceeds 60/hour - *Blocked in csf* for 2614 secs [LT_POP3D]
    May 10 15:17:03 mail lfd[20531]: tracking email sent for m***r@m***l.com

The problem is, his internet provider provides a dynamic IP, so even if I whitelist him, he will be blocked again. Also, we checked all of the computer on his IP address (many computers at work), there is not a computer that has his address configured that could cause an error. Only his own computer his configured for his email address, and it works, then blocks all of a sudden.

We're trying to figure out what the problem could be for a week now. Can anybody help in some way ?

Thanks, Antoine Bouchard

2. PenguinInternet

PenguinInternet Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    This is not a cPanel issue - it's just down to the default configuration for CSF & LFD and is easily adjusted. If LFD sees more than 60 POP3 logins per hour from the same IP then it will block it - you can easily adjust this by aftering the LT_POP3D directive in the configuration

3. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Going forward, please post CSF and LFD questions to their own free support forum:

CSF Forum

I'm closing this thread as we are encouraging users to go to the CSF forum for these non-cPanel questions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.