Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with deleted account: DNS entry still there

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Bob Weaver, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Bob Weaver

Bob Weaver Member

I had to delete one account because the password I recorded for it was incorrect. So I deleted the account using the "Terminate an Account" function. When I did this I checked "Keep DNS zone," which I now realize I should not have checked.

When I try to create the account again, I get the error message:

"Sorry, a DNS entry for (domain) already exists, please delete it first (from all servers in the dns cluster)"

How do I delete it? That domain doesn't appear in any of the functions under "DNS Functions." For example, if I go to "Delete a DNS Zone," that domain is not listed. The deleted account doesn't show up anywhere, no matter what I click on.

Under "Cluster/Remote Access" the only listing is "Setup Remote Access Key." There is nothing about any cluster.

I'm stuck, because I deleted an account but its DNS entry is still there, preventing me from re-creating the account. My question is, how do I delete that DNS entry for a deleted account?

Thank you for your help.

#1 Bob Weaver, Aug 12, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  2. bazzii

bazzii Member

try just pasting the domain name in "Delete a DNS zone " and delete it (Even if it is not displayed)

Also make sure you don't have cluster service enabled.

3. Bob Weaver

Bob Weaver Member

OK thanks. I submitted a ticket and someone at HG deleted it for me. But that's a good tip to know in case it happens again in the future!