Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Problem with deleted account: DNS entry still there

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by Bob Weaver, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Bob Weaver

Bob Weaver Member

I had to delete one account because the password I recorded for it was incorrect. So I deleted the account using the "Terminate an Account" function. When I did this I checked "Keep DNS zone," which I now realize I should not have checked.

When I try to create the account again, I get the error message:

"Sorry, a DNS entry for (domain) already exists, please delete it first (from all servers in the dns cluster)"

How do I delete it? That domain doesn't appear in any of the functions under "DNS Functions." For example, if I go to "Delete a DNS Zone," that domain is not listed. The deleted account doesn't show up anywhere, no matter what I click on.

Under "Cluster/Remote Access" the only listing is "Setup Remote Access Key." There is nothing about any cluster.

I'm stuck, because I deleted an account but its DNS entry is still there, preventing me from re-creating the account. My question is, how do I delete that DNS entry for a deleted account?

Thank you for your help.

#1 Bob Weaver, Aug 12, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  2. bazzii

bazzii Member

try just pasting the domain name in "Delete a DNS zone " and delete it (Even if it is not displayed)

Also make sure you don't have cluster service enabled.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Bob Weaver

Bob Weaver Member

OK thanks. I submitted a ticket and someone at HG deleted it for me. But that's a good tip to know in case it happens again in the future!