The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with DNS's changing in Domain

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by vchavez, Mar 3, 2008.

1. vchavez

vchavez Member

My problem is i have a dedicated server but when I go to my domain provider webpage to change DNS's to one domain example www.treviso.com.mx don't allow me to change them to my new server DNS's.

Says something like this

The DNS it's not configured to be authoritative for this domain name. Please verify DNS bla bla bla Please verify DNS1 ns1.digito3.com.mx, Please verify DNS2 ns2.digito3.com.mx

So I tried with a friend that have also a dedicated server with the same company that I have and when I tried with his DNS's servers didn't get the error to change the DNS's only with mine.

Any step by step to check what could be wrong or what part needs to be configured in the DNS's because I can't change them in my domain provider detects something that is wrong with the DNS's.

Thanks

2. markfrompf

markfrompf Well-Known Member

Hmmm. Do you have the domain name servers set up with your domain registrar?

EG: To have ns1.mydomain.com, you need to set that up in your registrar's account.

3. outlaw web

outlaw web Well-Known Member

Hi,

I have been trying to help vchavez with pointing his .com.mx domains to his server nameservers which are ns1.digito3.com.mx and ns2.digito3.com.mx

He managed to set up the digito3.com.mx on his new server but his other .com.mx domains are with another domain company and it's these domains that do not allow their dns to point to ns1.digito3.com.mx and ns2.digito3.com.mx

The domain company are telling him that the .com.mx need to be authority zone configured.

If this is true, how come his digito3.com.mx with the other company changed their dns to point to the server without a problem.

Does anyone know why his other .com.mx domains with the other company are proving so much trouble.

I tried pointing a few of my own domains to his server and they pointed to it within seconds.

His other domain registrar is telling him that it's his server which needs configured and it's nothing to do with it their side.

One day one of his domains points to the server .....and next day it points back to his old server....

I would believe this to be a problem with the domain registrar.

OWM

#3 outlaw web, Mar 4, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2008