The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with domain redirect

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by robi_70, Aug 30, 2011.

1. robi_70

robi_70 Member

Hello,

I own an account and I have several domains defined in it. In the main domain (let's call it domain A) there are configured email accounts and a webpage accessible under that domain.
    In one of the other domains (let's call it domain B) I want to make a redirection in a way that anyone entering the domain B would be redirected to domain A.
    Well, it seemed quite simple, but some problems occurred. I enter the Redirects section and try to set the redirection. Unfortunately, it doesn't work at all. When I entr the domain B in the web browser, all I see is the default CPanel website page.

So I thought that there is something wrong with the DNS - but I double-checked everything and the DNS are set and configured correctly. Under domain B there is also a set of email acounts, working properly.

Does anyone have an idea what I could do to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance,
    robi_70

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Would you be able to provide the actual domain names for us to see what is happening?

Next, can you post the contents of the .htaccess file on the account for the redirection? It will either be in /home/username/public_html (reachable via File Manager) and called .htaccess, or it will be under the domain B folder if domain B is in a subfolder on that account and called .htaccess in that subfolder.