The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with eAccelerator and open_basedir

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ErkDog, Jul 12, 2010.

1. ErkDog

ErkDog Member

This issue is documented on eAccelerator tracker here:

#396 (open_basedir issues when including/requiring files) - eAccelerator - Trac

Basically if you have open_basedir tweak turned on and eAccelerator you end up with tons of errors.

I'm not sure when cPanel started using version 6.9.1 but I never had this problem until I recompiled recently.

It looks like it used to use 9.5.3 and I don't believe this problem was in that version.

How would I go about either getting cpeasyapache to use 9.5.3 or can we roll back to 9.5.3 until 9.6.x is fixed?

2. ralphday

ralphday Member

Just ran into this too. They went to 0.9.6 in February and a week later had to roll out the patch to fix this problem. On July 9, 2010 they upgraded to 0.9.6.1 and it looks like they forgot the patch. I checked the source in /home/cpeasyapache/src/eaccelerator/eaccelerator-0.9.6.1 and its definitely missing the patch.

3. ErkDog

ErkDog Member

Would be nice if they -refix- it because eAccelerator is kinda nice

4. ralphday

ralphday Member

Digging a little more I found out that rather than a patch what really needs to happen is for eaccelerator to be compiled with --without-eaccelerator-use-inode per the developer. The inode option will be eliminated from the code in future versions as a permanent fix since it would provide no performance increase over no inode if patched to support open_basedir and it doesn't provide a significant performance increase in the first place.

#104 (e-accelerator open_basedir errors) - eAccelerator - Trac

The problem is that easyapache doesn't allow you to specify compile options for eaccelerator. But you can't just patch the compile script because easyapache refreshes it from the cPanel servers every time it runs. So what I did was create an easyapache hook script to patch the compile script on the fly when easyapache runs. Create /scripts/before_apache_make with the following contents and make it executable.

Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    cd /home/cpeasyapache/src/eaccelerator
    mv cpanel-install cpanel-install.sav
    sed "s@'./configure', '--with-php-config@'./configure', '--without-eaccelerator-use-inode', '--with-php-config@" cpanel-install.sav > cpanel-install
    rm -f cpanel-install.sav
    chmod +x cpanel-install

5. ErkDog

ErkDog Member

Awesome, thanks for the info man.

I wonder if cpanel plans on helping eAccelerator fix the issue, or using an older version, or doing something?

6. ErkDog

ErkDog Member

anyone know if this has been fixed in the core yet?

7. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Please submit a ticket where you are getting errors using the existing version in conjuction with open_basedir so we can attach the case to our existing bug report (38573). We need to see it happening so if people would open tickets, we could do that. The forum isn't the method for troubleshooting in this instance as we don't have access to log into the machine on the forum.

You can submit a ticket using WHM > Support Center > Contact cPanel or using the link in my signature.