Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Problem with email accounts after migration

Discussion in 'Migrate to cPanel' started by PaulPlantzos, Oct 15, 2018.

1. PaulPlantzos

PaulPlantzos Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello to All,
    Yesterday I've migrated from a web hosting company using plesk to a new host that uses cpanel. My problem is that the domain is fully transferred and works perfectly BUT I'm experiencing problems with my email accounts. I'm receiving some emails from my clients but I'm unable to receive from all of them or when I send from my admin email to my Info email from outlook the mail never appears.

Steps:
    Server A with Wordpress site> All in One WP Migration plugin > Changed Nameservers
    Server B > installed Wordpress platform > All in One WP Migration plugin> Website show on new server.
    I din't change anything on DNS records on server A.

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @PaulPlantzos

I took a look at that plugin you're using. While it looks to be a good tool for your sites and databases it doesn't appear to move your email accounts. You would need to recreate them on the new server in order to be able to send/receive mail with them.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...