The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem With Email "Cannot find a valid mailbox for *USER*"

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Ben-Orbital, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Ben-Orbital

Ben-Orbital Member
    PartnerNOC

Hi,

We are currently having a strange problem with email. After creating a new domain name, the user can login fine via :2082 and via :2095 with the main account, but when setting it up in outlook it just rejects the account saying password wrong, which it isnt. And when you telnet into the backend on port 110 you get the message "-ERR Cannot find a valid mailbox for halek15"

I checked out /usr/home/halek15/mail and it is empty. I have deleted the whole account via WHM and recreated and this doesnt seem to have solved it. I also ran mailperm.

The strange thign is, if you create another email address under the account, when in Cpanel, it works fine. Just not the main account's email.

I am thinking the adding of the account is not doing something?

Warm Regards,
    Ben

2. JamesSmith

JamesSmith Well-Known Member

Got an exact same problem, errors in the maillog:

Feb 2 14:15:44 web9 cpanelpop[96311]: Cannot find a valid mailbox for ph7couk
    Feb 2 14:15:44 web9 cpanelpop[96311]: Session Closed host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx user=ph7couk realuser=ph7couk totalxfer=115
    Feb 2 14:16:21 web9 cpanelpop[96343]: Password failure for user=ph7couk homedir= passwd=/etc/master.passwd
    Feb 2 14:16:21 web9 cpanelpop[96343]: User not found user=ph7couk homedir=/usr/home/rich passwd=/usr/home/rich/etc/shadow
    Feb 2 14:17:24 web9 cpanelpop[96367]: Password failure for user=ph7couk homedir= passwd=/etc/master.passwd
    Feb 2 14:17:24 web9 cpanelpop[96367]: User not found user=ph7couk homedir=/usr/home/rich passwd=/usr/home/rich/etc/shadow