The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with email filtering in webmail interface

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by dzamanakos, Dec 11, 2014.

1. dzamanakos

dzamanakos Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi, i have a problem regarding the "email filtering" interface in cpanels webmail login page.
    I've setup some filters and all are working as expected except one.
    I have 5-6 rules that check a string containing in subject and move it to the corresponding folder.
    One of the filters (1st rule) are : subject contains : cxs Scan on server.mydomain.com move it to inbox.logs.cxs
    One other filter below (second) are if sender is root or cpanel move to inbox.logs

Some of the emails with subject "cxs Scan on" are moved to inbox.logs.cxs and some are not, moved to inbox.logs, i think due to second rule.
    The subjects are exactly the same..
    I cant use the check filter feature in the same page as i get permission denied :
    LOG: MAIN PANIC DIE
    failed to expand "${lookup{$interface_address}lsearch{/etc/mail_reverse_dns}{$value}{$primary_hostname}}" (smtp_active_hostname): failed to open /etc/mail_reverse_dns for linear search: Permission denied (euid=502 egid=500)

as /etc/mail_reverse_dns permissions are
    -rw-r----- 1 root mail 32 Dec 11 01:07 /etc/mail_reverse_dns

Any suggestions?
    Thank you in advance,

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look? You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

3. dzamanakos

dzamanakos Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi, cpanel support team advised to :
    "When setting rules that could apply to multiple messages it is a best practice to place the more important of the two higher in the hierarchy of rules, and to ensure that one of the actions for the rule is "stop processing other rules" or similar;"
    I used a second rule to "stop processing other rules" and it worked. Thank you.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator