Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

problem with email

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by piseth, Apr 20, 2010.

1. piseth

piseth Member

Dear All,

I had some problem with email on my vps.

This morning i got calling from my client and she said that she could send or received any email. when i checked log in csf I got information Failed POP3 login from 175.100.8.80 - ignored and 175.100.8.80 is my client IP. can any one give me idea about this?

Regards,

Nov Piseth

2. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

And that is the only one complaining?

I would review your /var/log/maillog and /var/log/exim_mainlog but sounds to me like your client changed either their password or their POP3 program settings at home and authentication is failing now.

3. kuldeep_

kuldeep_ Well-Known Member

Yes, I do agree with Spiral.

Logs indicate that server did not authenticate the user to access email account.

If you are still facing problem, thn I suggest to chance email account password from cpanel >> email account.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. piseth

piseth Member

Hi,

I apologies if it is complain. Anyway I just asking for idea. thanks both of you I will go to check a log.

Kindly Regards,

Nov Piseth