The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Error Logs?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leweez, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Leweez

Leweez Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    For about 2 days now, entries to "Error Logs" are not reflecting what I have in my "Raw Access Logs". Usually, every entries receiving a "403" code what in my "Error Logs". Lately, nothing gets recorded even if I do see several 403 codes in my raw logs. Yesterday I had 2 entries that received code 403 and only one showed up in my "Error Logs" for about a minute or two. Perhaps every entries were recorded but since they do not remain long enough in Error Logs, I didn't have the time to see them? Before, entries in "Error Logs" were there for almost half of a day. Now, they disappear almost instantly.

I have cPanel version 11.44.1 (build 23).

What am I missing?

Thanks
    Leweez

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Those entries are removed when statistics are generated, so it's possible that statistics are generated at a high frequency on this system. Do you have root access to this system to verify this?

Thank you.

3. Leweez

Leweez Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Unfortunately no, I don't have root access to verify. It's my web hosting provider who handles our cPanel for our websites. What information should I ask them to verify?

However, since this afternoon, entries are being recorded and staying there for some time now so maybe the problem is fixed? But I sure will be glad to know if there is something I can ask to my web hosting provider if ever the problem would come back.

Thanks
    Leweez

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It's not necessarily a problem. It just means that statistics might be generated at a higher than usual frequency. I suggest asking your hosting provider to clarify if that's the case.

Thank you.

5. Leweez

Leweez Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Ok, thank you!

Leweez