Leweez

Registered
Nov 21, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
For about 2 days now, entries to "Error Logs" are not reflecting what I have in my "Raw Access Logs". Usually, every entries receiving a "403" code what in my "Error Logs". Lately, nothing gets recorded even if I do see several 403 codes in my raw logs. Yesterday I had 2 entries that received code 403 and only one showed up in my "Error Logs" for about a minute or two. Perhaps every entries were recorded but since they do not remain long enough in Error Logs, I didn't have the time to see them? Before, entries in "Error Logs" were there for almost half of a day. Now, they disappear almost instantly.

I have cPanel version 11.44.1 (build 23).

What am I missing?

Thanks
Leweez

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

Those entries are removed when statistics are generated, so it's possible that statistics are generated at a high frequency on this system. Do you have root access to this system to verify this?

Thank you.

Leweez

Registered
Nov 21, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Unfortunately no, I don't have root access to verify. It's my web hosting provider who handles our cPanel for our websites. What information should I ask them to verify?

However, since this afternoon, entries are being recorded and staying there for some time now so maybe the problem is fixed? But I sure will be glad to know if there is something I can ask to my web hosting provider if ever the problem would come back.

Thanks
Leweez

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
It's not necessarily a problem. It just means that statistics might be generated at a higher than usual frequency. I suggest asking your hosting provider to clarify if that's the case.

Thank you.