The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with :fail: and receiving email

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by motivez, Feb 11, 2007.

1. motivez

motivez Member

I've been getting a ton of spam to random addresses at my domain that don't exist, and I'm sick of filtering them.

What I'm trying to do is maintain my actual account and three local forwarding addresses (webmaster@, info@, contribute@) while setting up the default address for unrouted mail as :fail:

Unfortunately, what's happening is that I can no longer receive any incoming mail.. :fail: gets it all and nothing gets through.

I can still send email, but regardless of what email I try to reply to, it comes back as undeliverable.

Any ideas?

2. Lyttek

Lyttek Well-Known Member

How exactly have you configured the use of :fail: ? In other words, where did you put it?

3. InfoJunky

InfoJunky Member

I've recently come across this as well, and TBH, don't remember it acting this way.

User actually uses PRIMARY email account, but wants to :fail: unrouted email. Makes the change in "Default address."

Then ALL mail for the PRIMARY account fails, and in some cases won't even let mail apps try to send the mail to that PRIMARY account (like from a same-domain account.)

Like I said, this seems different, or it's just becoming apparent after a couple years.