problem with fantastico and wordpress

Xyhm

Registered
May 7, 2008
I couldn't update wordpress automatically on one of my three blogs (all installed via fantastico), so I decided to un- and reinstall it. However, I couldn't uninstall it automatically since a file was missing, so it told me to remove it manually and gave me a list of files to remove.

I did as it said. Now however I can't install any blog on that domain. I get the following error:

Install WordPress (2/3)

The installation can not be completed:

- You cannot install more than one script in the root directory of a domain.

Click on the browser's Back button to fix reported errors.
What should I do?

EDIT: Actually I solved the problem myself by doing some good 'ol surfing.

Last edited:

Xyhm

Registered
May 7, 2008
In case anyone else gets the same problem and ends up in this thread, the solution was the following:

Enter the hidden folder .fantasticodata (don't recall if it was located in the root or the www-folder), open the file installed_in_root.php and remove the entry for the domain in question. Assuming of course that you actually don't have a script in the root of that domain.

kmo

Registered
May 2, 2008
solved my problem too!

I have multiple subdomains with Joomla 1.5 installed for building client's sites before transferring to their own hosting company. I finally got around to creating my own site (for my company) and couldn't install Joomla in my /public_html/ directory because I received the error regarding already a script installed in the root.

I followed the directions above for the .fantastico directory and it worked just fine - thank you so much!!

;)

andreiul

Registered
Mar 13, 2009
In case anyone else gets the same problem and ends up in this thread, the solution was the following:

Enter the hidden folder .fantasticodata (don't recall if it was located in the root or the www-folder), open the file installed_in_root.php and remove the entry for the domain in question. Assuming of course that you actually don't have a script in the root of that domain.
thx a lot man, really appreciate your help, saved me a lot of time and trouble
i owe you a beer ;)

kevmenya

Registered
Mar 14, 2011

Thank you so so much. Followed your instruction by deleting line 2 and I'm the happiest guy. God bless you and it's really a blessing to share. Let me now pimp this website:)