The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with fantastico and wordpress

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xyhm, May 7, 2008.

1. Xyhm

Xyhm Registered

I couldn't update wordpress automatically on one of my three blogs (all installed via fantastico), so I decided to un- and reinstall it. However, I couldn't uninstall it automatically since a file was missing, so it told me to remove it manually and gave me a list of files to remove.

I did as it said. Now however I can't install any blog on that domain. I get the following error:

What should I do?

EDIT: Actually I solved the problem myself by doing some good 'ol surfing.

#1 Xyhm, May 7, 2008
    Last edited: May 7, 2008
  2. LiNUxG0d

LiNUxG0d Well-Known Member

Hi Xyhm,

I see you answered the question, but for those reading, they might want to go to http://www.netenberg.com/ and get a solution from the kind people who supply Fantastico!

Warmest regards,

3. Xyhm

Xyhm Registered

In case anyone else gets the same problem and ends up in this thread, the solution was the following:

Enter the hidden folder .fantasticodata (don't recall if it was located in the root or the www-folder), open the file installed_in_root.php and remove the entry for the domain in question. Assuming of course that you actually don't have a script in the root of that domain.

4. Sarika

Sarika Registered

Thanx a bunch !

Solved my issue :)

5. kmo

kmo Registered

solved my problem too!

I have multiple subdomains with Joomla 1.5 installed for building client's sites before transferring to their own hosting company. I finally got around to creating my own site (for my company) and couldn't install Joomla in my /public_html/ directory because I received the error regarding already a script installed in the root.

I followed the directions above for the .fantastico directory and it worked just fine - thank you so much!!

;)

6. andreiul

andreiul Registered

thx a lot man, really appreciate your help, saved me a lot of time and trouble
    i owe you a beer ;)

7. kevmenya

kevmenya Registered

Thank you so so much. Followed your instruction by deleting line 2 and I'm the happiest guy. God bless you and it's really a blessing to share. Let me now pimp this website:)