The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with files with Windows-1252 encoding after being upgraded to 11.52.0.5

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LuisRobles, Sep 23, 2015.

1. LuisRobles

LuisRobles Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Since yesterday, cPanel was upgraded to 11.52.0.5 in my hosting, and then, i decided to edit some files in windows-1252 encoding, and, after i clicked "Save", a warning appeared that some characters were incompatible with windows-1252 (and this never happened before in older cPanel versions), and all the whole file was converted to utf-8. So, i was debugging what was that "incompatible character", and i found that the incompatible characters were those ones who has an accent on capital letters (ÁÉÍÓÚ), i removed them from a file to test, and the file was saved successfully, but that didn't resolved the problem, i have to put accents on capital letters and windows-1252 supports capital letters, and i think it's a bug from 11.52.0.5.

NOTE: Also, when i openned a file that wasn't edited before the cPanel upgrade, i just clicked "Save", without making any changes to that file, and all that page was saved as in utf-8 (but in the top said "Windows-1252"), for example, all the accents (áéíóú) and the "ñ" became to weird characters. So I CAN'T EDIT MY FILES UNLESS THIS PROBLEM GETS FIXED.

I attached an image with all the description with the problem.

Thanks you in advance.

Attached Files:

2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. Are you able successfully use those characters when the file is encoded with utf-8?

What I mean by that is once the file is in utf-8 format are then able to use the various accented characters?

3. LuisRobles

LuisRobles Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    When is converted to utf-8 all special characters (áéíóúñÁÉÍÓÚÑ) become to weird characters. I dont want an alternative, i just need a fix for the next cPanel release.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Internal case CPANEL-1648 is open to address an issue where cPanel fails to recognize valid Windows-1252 codepoints. There's currently no time frame available on a resolution, but you can monitor our change logs for this case number:

cPanel - Change Logs

Thank you.