The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with forwarders.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ozirisno1, Nov 17, 2005.

1. ozirisno1

ozirisno1 Member

We switched from Ensim to cPanel this past weekend. Since then our emails have been a mess.

/etc/valiases/domanname.com is completely different from what you see in cPanel Forwarders.

But that is not the biggest problem. Problem is that I cannot use :fail: or :blackhole: properly. Or at least the way I believe it is properly. My understanding is that if catch-all is set to :fail: email should still be delivered to all proper email accounts and forwarders including the main account. Is that correct? I've been butting head with my server admin company for this past week regarding straightening out email. Here is their latest reply:

Both :fail: and :blackhole: won't deliver email to main inbox. If main account is cbranson then catch-all should be set like this:
    *: cbranson
    in order to have all email forwarded to main account.

It is almost as if we speak different language? Am I right that even if catch-all is set to :fail: email to cbranson should still get delivered? I am really getting tired of this and would appreciate if anyone can either help me figure this out or can do work for hire and fix this server-wide. We have 87 domains on this server.

Thank you,
    Predrag

2. nisse

nisse Well-Known Member

If your catchall is set to :fail:, then you won't receive any email sent explicitly to your main account. That's because the main account's actual address is cbranson@your.server.com, rather than cbranson@domain.com.

3. aby

aby Well-Known Member

4. ozirisno1

ozirisno1 Member

Great answers. Thank you very much.

Predrag