Problem with GD Library (JPEG)

clopezi

Mar 17, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

I have a problem with GD Library. I have used EasyAapache to enable GD Library and and TTF support, and works well with PNG or GIF, but it gives me an error with JPEG files. (timthumb works well with png but no with jpeg, it says "jpeg library unrecoverable error")

PHPInfo:

GD Support enabled
GD Version bundled (2.1.0 compatible)
FreeType Support enabled
FreeType Linkage with freetype
FreeType Version 2.3.11
GIF Read Support enabled
GIF Create Support enabled
JPEG Support enabled
libJPEG Version unknown
PNG Support enabled
libPNG Version 1.2.49
WBMP Support enabled
XPM Support enabled
libXpm Version 30411
XBM Support enabled

As you can see, it says "libJPEG Version unknown", and if i search into /usr/local/lib, i found 6.2 and 9.0 version.

I tried to recompile with easyapache, i tried to force a cpanel update, i tried to "yum reinstall gd", but no changes.

Can you say me how to force to remove all GD libraries and reinstall it or maybe the right files in /usr/local/lib and /usr/lib64 to fix this problem?

Thank you very much.

Regards, Carlos

clopezi

Mar 17, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi again,

I have found the error in the apache log: "Wrong JPEG library version: library is 62, caller expects 90"

Some ideas to solve it? Who is "the caller"?

Another thing is that in PHPINFO, says libjpeg in /usr, and no in /usr/lib64 or usr/lib, some ideas to solve?

Thank you very much

clopezi

Mar 17, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Solved.

For future references, the solution is to download the jpeglib source v9, make install, and:

cp /usr/local/lib/libjpeg* /usr/lib64/

In this way, they copy all new libjpeg in our folder without erasing the 62 version. The path are only right for 64bits systems.

ravi9

Oct 31, 2013
India
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Solved.

For future references, the solution is to download the jpeglib source v9, make install, and:

cp /usr/local/lib/libjpeg* /usr/lib64/

In this way, they copy all new libjpeg in our folder without erasing the 62 version. The path are only right for 64bits systems.
Thank you for sharing the solution :)

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

I am happy to hear you were able to resolve the issue. Thank you for sharing your workaround with us.