The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with hostname

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by keyboardkiller, Jan 10, 2007.

1. keyboardkiller

keyboardkiller Registered

Hi all,

this is my first post so please bear with me, and I hope you can help.

When I log onto WHM using root I get a pop-up box saying:

The server was unable to lookup an an A entry for its hostname (purple.gtmnetworks.com). This is generally because the entry was never added. However this could also be the result of your nameserver(s) being down. If you would like to attempt to automaticlly add the entry, [Click Here] .

And when I click the button and it goes to add the A record for the hostname it says this:

The zone for the root domain gtmnetworks.com is missing, or could not be read. The ip address will be read from the webserver configuration and a new zone will be created for this subdomain. Sorry, a DNS entry for purple.gtmnetworks.com already exists, please delete it from your nameserver configuration file (named.conf) and the zone directory first.

anyone have any idea what's causing the problem? becuse purple.gtmnetworks.com resolves fine from my home internet connection.

Thanks for any replies.

2. HelloAdam

HelloAdam Well-Known Member

Hey,

You are getting this error message, because the error message told you that your main domain

gtmnetworks.com

is not added anywhere to the server, so the hostname can't be added because the main domain or parent domain is not added.

So add the domain gtmnetworks.com to the DNS records then you should be able to add the hostname just fine :)

From,
    Adam