The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with images

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tackmaker, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Tackmaker

Tackmaker Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I didn't have cpanel access with my old webhost. I used cute ftp to upload the site from my computer. It seemed okay, all images were visible and links worked. I updated the text on pages several times uploaded with no problems. Yesterday I added some new images and now NO images show on the site. The file path appears to be the same.
    I deleted the images file and tried reloading, same result. Some of the images were clickable links and the links still work Any ideas?

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Have you tried contacting your hosting provider about the issue? They might be able to assist.

Also, did you move the site recently as it appears you are indicating? If so, could you check the site in a proxy in case it might be some caching issue? A couple of proxy servers to check the site would be Proxify and KPROXY

3. PlotHost

PlotHost Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Or maybe you accidentally modified some image paths in your html/php code.

4. Tackmaker

Tackmaker Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    The host has checked my permissions and Disabled the HotLink protection I had enabled and they got the images to load, sent me a screen shot. When I tried I got just a few images to load, and only on the index page. The image I use as link button only appeared in 1 place, although the file path is identical. So I went to other sites and they worked fine. Went back to my site and even fewer images loaded. I also tried my laptop and it had the identical issues. Have tried Foxfire & IE 7.
    For the images where I have profided alternative text information in the image properties, the text shows.
    Am waiting to hear back from host support again.
    I tried Proxify and it didn't even show the image boxes.
    Kproxy showed where the images were supposed to be.