The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with IPs on new servers - trust relationship

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pingo, May 26, 2003.

1. pingo

pingo Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2002
    Hi there,

I have 3 cPanel servers with a trust relationship established. I am having some problems with accounts on the new server. I sell multiple domain accounts which can be used for reselling or for a clients own domain. If not reselling their account are set up namebased using anonymous nameservers. If reselling their account are set up with private nameservers and dedicated IPs.

I have several new accounts, set up namebased, that are running without any problem on this new server, but this clients account, which is the first being set up with private nameserver, isn't working proberly.

It looks like there is some kind of problem with his IPs. Several techs has worked on this issue for some days, but noone have been able to figure out why it is not resolving properly.

I then discovered that /etc/resolv.conf on slave1 is different from /etc/resolv.conf on slave2, so I wonder if the tech who added this server to the trust relationship didn't do it proberly and added the wrong nameservers/IPs when doing the 'Modify Resolver Configuring' in WHM.

This is how it looks on slave1 (no problems) and slave2 :( . Please note that and are used on all 3 servers, but only in the new server slave2 above anonymous nameservers are used in resolv.conf - in resolv.conf of slave1 nameservers and IPs at the NOC is used.

/etc/resolv.conf on slave1: (NOC 1)

/etc/resolv.conf on slave2: (NOC 2)

nameserver dd.ddd.dd.dd *
    nameserver *

* These are the above mentioned anonymous nameservers which I created myself for an account on the master server and on slave2 - dd.ddd.dd.dd is the IP of on the master server and is the IP of on slave1.

Could someone please enlight me? - could this be the reason for the problem on slave2? - If so, maybe nameservers/IPs from the NOC should be used as well on slave2. There have never been any similar problem with slave1. Sorry for my confusion. Can anybody help?

John Support Ticket Number: Support Ticket Number: