The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with IP's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zyrcon, Apr 18, 2016.

1. zyrcon

zyrcon Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello,

I have a VPS server which have been migrated to another ip. Since then, I have many problems with ip directions. For example, I have Phpbb forums and Wordpress sites, when a new user register in forum and I want to check their ip, I only get ip of my server instead real ip of the user. Same in wordpress when I check ip of comments or even when I log as admin and check my own ip, I always get ip of vps server.

This only happens in sites I already had before migration. Today I installed a test wordpress site and in this case I get real ip.

How can I fix this? I use Cpanel/WHM

Thank you.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Could you elaborate on this? What options were used to change the IP address? Are you using any custom plugins such as Nignx?

Thank you.

3. zyrcon

zyrcon Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello, just received several emails from my hosting provider notify me about migration and IP change. Not sure what options they used, all my sites work fine like before, but I have the problem with ip addresses (just in existing sites, if I create a new site, there is no problem) Regarding Nginx question, YES, we are use it. I contacted my hosting support but they say all is ok :-(

I don't have very tech knowledge but if you need more info I will try give to you.

Thanks!

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator