The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Joomla...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by -Evatt-, Sep 8, 2007.

1. -Evatt-

-Evatt- Registered

I can't seem to change my banner on my Joomla template. When i use the access of the Files Manager all i get is that i don't have permission to use this. :confused:

Is there anyway i can grant myself permissions in cPanel. I've tried changing the permissions in the files manager but that doesn't work.

2. -Evatt-

-Evatt- Registered

Sorry to bump.

[a fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive]

That is what i see ^^^

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You really should be contacting your hosting provider about this.

4. Sindorf

Sindorf Member

According to my knowledge, Joomla seems to get such a problem for it if you are using mod_php (PHP as an Apache module).

I have found 2 solutions for this problem, maybe there can be some more but I don't know.

1. Try using phpSuExec (or mod_suphp)
    2. Use a script that restores/modifies file ownership and set it as a cronjob.

Note: I was getting this error when I try to upload files inside Joomla. It is not possible to modify these files because they are owned by nobody (if you use mod_php)

Hope that helps.

5. S-Combs

S-Combs Well-Known Member

After you decide on the template you will be using for your site have your host run the following command from shell as root

chown -R YourUserName:99 /path/to/your/Joomla/template/directory

Afterwards you should be able to manually edit your template files as needed and still use the html/css editors within the Joomla AdminCP/Template section.

You may also want to do the same to the module, mambot and component directories after you have everything installed for your site.

Note: This may need done again after installing any future templates or modules/components/mambots that you will need to edit manually.