The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with mailman after transfer

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by CoolMike, Nov 25, 2004.

1. CoolMike

CoolMike Well-Known Member

Hi

I just transfered a server and nearly everything works fine, only the mailman lists are not working. They are not existing on the new server. Does anybody know, what I need to copy from the old server to get this to work again?

Thanks
    Michael

2. pphillips

pphillips Well-Known Member

I'm having this exact same problem. The lists just aren't there. I look in /usr/ocal/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman and no lists.

3. pphillips

pphillips Well-Known Member

I had to copy the lists directory from the old server manually and dump it into the new one and that seems to fix it, I think... I got an email this morning though from the server from mailman that says:

List editors_website.com has a bogus archive_directory: /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/archives/private/editors_website.com

Any idea what this error is about and how to fix it?

4. payne

payne Well-Known Member

Same problem here. A step-by-step fix for this would be much appreciated.

5. qkslvr

qkslvr Member

Im having the same problem and have tried the reinstall and fix mailman scripts in the /scripts dir. We have tried tarring and transfer and untarring teh file manually into teh correct path and notice that we can even loginto the users mailman administration account with teh reset mailman account.

We get a successful notice on modifying the password- however we cant login or seem to get that accounts mailman to work.

6. Daddio64

Daddio64 Registered

Used SCP to successfully restore Mailman list

I had the exact same problem, no working list after doing a WHM transfer. After reading a few other threads and trying both the mailman restart and mailman reinstall (didn't work), I cobbled together some steps that worked for me.

DISCLAIMER: I am a Linux newbie.

1. SSH into the new server with root access.
    2. Use the following two commands, where "oldserverip" = your old server's IP address
    scp -r root@oldserverip:/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/lists /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/lists​
    scp -r root@oldserverip:/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/archives /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/archives/private​
    3. After these two steps, the list just automagically started working.

As my disclaimer states, I'm a newbie, so I have no idea why this worked, it just did. :)

7. espsoft

espsoft Member

I had this problem and support a trouble report to cpanel.

There is a known bug in earlier versions of cpanel, I believe that it was 9.9.8-R6 or something along those lines.

Update your copy of cpanel to 9.9.9-xx and/or get the other server's copy of cpanel updated and then do the transfer again. When the old server I was tranferring from updated to the newer version, I was able to transfer everything on the system. I have a different problem though, still with the transfer, but will see if it is on another thread.

Hope this helps. :rolleyes:

8. luna

luna Active Member

Someone says it's a known issue, not fixed and some says it's fixed.
    Which one is correct?? :confused:
    Is this a matter of CPanel version?

Thanks in advance.

#8 luna, Apr 4, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2005