rorobobo

Dec 9, 2005
Hello,

I have a problem with mysql, mysql don't function and when i start or restart mysql, i have error :

/usr/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)' Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' exists! mysql has failed, please contact the sysadmin (result was "Warning, no valid mysql.sock file found.mysql has failed").

Can you help me ?

Regards

robdog

May 24, 2006
I think this was from the auto update that happened last night.

Is the solution upgrading to MySql 4.1? Rolling back to an older version of cPanel?

I am having the same problem.

Ricky

Registered
May 24, 2006
It was already on 4.1 but I changed it to 5.0 :( How do I back roll a older cPanel version?

rorobobo

Dec 9, 2005
Ok...

And i want to stop the problem, how ??? And i don't want to delete all the database to stop the problem.

Regards

Ricky

Registered
May 24, 2006
Run this following command through SSH; su mysql -c "/usr/sbin/mysqld" that'll run mySQL. :)

AndyReed

PartnerNOC
May 29, 2004
Minneapolis, MN
Ricky said:
It was already on 4.1 but I changed it to 5.0 :( How do I back roll a older cPanel version?
You need to be very careful with up/downgrading MySQL. You might end up with empty or corrupted databses. Keep backup of your MySQL DBs all the time, just in case. Look into the log files for any errors that might help in troublshooting the problem.

rorobobo

Dec 9, 2005
I think to reinstall mysql but how save all the databases, i don't access nothing database, acces denied...

Can you help me to reinstall mysql without delete database ?

trinity1511

Aug 29, 2005
Backup

rorobobo said:
I think to reinstall mysql but how save all the databases, i don't access nothing database, acces denied...

Can you help me to reinstall mysql without delete database ?

To backup your mysql databases you need to backup /var/lib/mysql folder into a tar archive.
First stop MySQL, then go to SSH and type

Code:
tar -czf mysql_db_backup.tar.gz /var/lib/mysql
And proceed to do your upgrade/downgrade....

jackie46

BANNED
Jul 25, 2005
AndyReed said:
You need to be very careful with up/downgrading MySQL. You might end up with empty or corrupted databses. Keep backup of your MySQL DBs all the time, just in case. Look into the log files for any errors that might help in troublshooting the problem.
You know, you never really say anyting thats very important in your posts. Howabout solutions and help? Seems like your posting just for the hell of it. Are you still trying to drum up more business by having people click on the servertunes.com icons in your signature? I know, this has not helped you very much in the past in the EV1 forums as most of your business is not from there. So you continue to reply to posts here because it seems to get you more business. But in reality, your posts are completely unhelpful with no meat behind them. Howabout this, if you going to reply to a post, try to help out instead of just trying to make your presence known,

Get a life Andy!

Last edited:

dgbaker

PartnerNOC
Sep 20, 2002
Toronto, Ontario Canada
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
jackie46 said:
You know, you never really say anyting thats very important in your posts. Howabout solutions and help? Seems like your posting just for the hell of it. Are you still trying to drum up more business by having people click on the servertunes.com icons in your signature? I know, this has not helped you very much in the past in the EV1 forums as most of your business is not from there. So you continue to reply to posts here because it seems to get you more business. But in reality, your posts are completely unhelpful with no meat behind them. Howabout this, if you going to reply to a post, try to help out instead of just trying to make your presence known,

Get a life Andy!

Enough with the personal bashing. If you do not like someones posts feel free to ignore. Personal attacks are grounds to be banned from the forum.

kemis

Feb 17, 2005
Georgetown, TX
I had this same problem, too, when I woke up this morning and realized that my MySQL was auto-updated to 4.1.19 last night. No current posts really helped much, except that I saw I wasn't alone. Others kept suggesting the "Old old 4.0 passwords" options, but I already had that set and changing it on and off didn't help.

Going to WHM --> Change a User or Database Password and resetting my mysql root password back to my usual worked for me.

All is well again, I believe.

-- Matt