Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Problem with nameservers

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by Avg-Joe, Jul 28, 2005.

1. Avg-Joe

Avg-Joe Member

I'm setting up a new server and having a little bit of problem with the nameservers. however, I found that the IP pool was still showing these ips as available.

I tried to correct this by deleting the nameservers and reassigning the ips; however, the nameservers would not delete even though they showed as "now ready for re-use" I also cold not add any new nameservers to the pool

I tried to pico /etc/nameserverips but could not save it - "Could not open file for writing: Permission denied"

I'm at wits end here. Not certain what the problem is here. I have more nameservers to setup, but no access or ability to adjust this..

Any ideas?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. nickb

nickb Well-Known Member

If immutable attribute is set then remove it by
    Code:
    chatter -i /etc/nameserversips
    then try editing...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...