The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with OE Auto config.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nick_the_hari, Jan 12, 2007.

1. nick_the_hari

nick_the_hari Registered

I try using auto config for Outlook Express I followed the directons that popup and all it did was opened the reg file.

Any Ideas?

2. tweakservers

tweakservers Well-Known Member

The auto config does not work as it is. Manual setup the account in your outlook will be the best way.

3. twhiting9275

twhiting9275 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I've never once had a problem with OE autoconfig. Individuals use it all the time, so stating "it doesn't work as it is" is an incorrect statement.
    In fact, I just tried this on a couple of servers and all worked just fine.

As to the original problem:
    You have something associated with registry files that should not be. Most likely this is a .key or .reg association. Do the following and this should work fine
    Save the registry key when you're prompted

From the start menu, click on the run command
    When prompted, type in regedit

When regedit opens up, click on File, and select Import
    Import your saved key

You should have OE/Outlook configured from there

#3 twhiting9275, Jan 14, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  4. darklord1

darklord1 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I was in search of a solution as well, It seems that both statements here are correct, I could be wrong but after just looking at the problem, the issue seems to be with ssl enabled for cpanel. If you dont have ssl enabled, it seems to work fine, but if you do, then it doesnt seem to work well, I am looking for a solution in the code now.

But that should start pointing someone in the right direction, It does NOT work with ssl enabled, It works great without it.

5. darklord1

darklord1 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Ok, I know this is a temp fix but it does work.

You will find these lines in /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x/mail/clientconf.html

Heres my work around:

<a onClick="regpop('<cpanel print="$FORM{'acct'}">');" href="email.reg?acct=<cpanel print="$FORM{'acct'}">&type=imap&app=outlook">Auto-Configure Microsoft Outlook&reg; for IMAP Access</a><br>
    <a onClick="regpop('<cpanel print="$FORM{'acct'}">');" href="email.reg?acct=<cpanel print="$FORM{'acct'}">&type=pop3&app=outlook">Auto-Configure Microsoft Outlook&reg; for POP3 Access</a><br>
    <a onClick="regpop('<cpanel print="$FORM{'acct'}">');" href="email.reg?acct=<cpanel print="$FORM{'acct'}">&type=imap&app=outlookexpress">Auto-Configure Microsoft Outlook Express&reg; for IMAP Access</a><br>
    <a onClick="regpop('<cpanel print="$FORM{'acct'}">');" href="email.reg?acct=<cpanel print="$FORM{'acct'}">&type=pop3&app=outlookexpress">Auto-Configure Microsoft Outlook Express&reg; for POP3 Access</a><br>

Now overwrite that with:

<a onClick="regpop('<cpanel print="$FORM{'acct'}">');" href="http://<cpanel print="$ENV{'HTTP_HOST'}">:2082/frontend/x/mail/email.reg?acct=<cpanel print="$FORM{'acct'}">&type=imap&app=outlook">Auto-Configure Microsoft Outlook&reg; for IMAP Access</a><br>
    <a onClick="regpop('<cpanel print="$FORM{'acct'}">');" href="http://<cpanel print="$ENV{'HTTP_HOST'}">:2082/frontend/x/mail/email.reg?acct=<cpanel print="$FORM{'acct'}">&type=pop3&app=outlook">Auto-Configure Microsoft Outlook&reg; for POP3 Access</a><br>
    <a onClick="regpop('<cpanel print="$FORM{'acct'}">');" href="http://<cpanel print="$ENV{'HTTP_HOST'}">:2082/frontend/x/mail/email.reg?acct=<cpanel print="$FORM{'acct'}">&type=imap&app=outlookexpress">Auto-Configure Microsoft Outlook Express&reg; for IMAP Access</a><br>
    <a onClick="regpop('<cpanel print="$FORM{'acct'}">');" href="http://<cpanel print="$ENV{'HTTP_HOST'}">:2082/frontend/x/mail/email.reg?acct=<cpanel print="$FORM{'acct'}">&type=pop3&app=outlookexpress">Auto-Configure Microsoft Outlook Express&reg; for POP3 Access</a><br>

Its a work around, I am waiting for a valid fix, after hours of searching for the code to fix the actual issue, this is what I have managed to come up with.