Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Problem with Opencart emails

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Lear, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Lear

Lear Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have a problem to send emails from my website, everything is working but after few days it does not work anymore. Each time I have to reboot the server to make it work again, I cannot do that all the time, I need a clear solution. I thought it may be linked to updates of cpanel for EA or something else but I am not sure.
    I do use openssl, apache and php 5.6. It seems the problem is linked to the certificate and openssl. I use the Opencart Framework 2.0.1.1.

I tried to add this trick when creating the socket client:
    $streamContext = stream_context_create([
    'ssl' => [
    'verify_peer' => false,
    'verify_peer_name' => false
    ]
    ]);

See forum.codeigniter.com/archive/index.php?thread-590.html for the thing I did follow.
    However, this does not seem to solve the problem since the password does not get accepted for the smtp account.

I do use tls://smtp-relay.gmail.com with port 587.

I would appreciate if I get a solution to this problem as soon as possible because I am losing money right now, my customers cannot log or even contact us.

#1 Lear, Jul 25, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2018
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @Lear,

Can you let us know an example of the error message the script logs when the attempt to send an email fails?

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...