SOLVED Problem with Outgoing Email Threshold Exceeded notifications

dzamanakos

Feb 15, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi, recently i've enabled "Number of emails a domain may send per day before the system sends a notification." to default (1000).

Last night a user send about 1020 emails, so i've received "Outgoing Email Threshold Exceeded notifications" emails regarding this user.

The problem is that i've received about 900 emails with the same subject "[server.domain.com] Daily email send notification limit reached for “userdomain.com” and the same body (saying that "the user exceeded the “Number of emails a domain may send per day before the system sends a notification” setting defined in Tweak Settings.")

The emails (talking about notification to me) time was from 8:51 to 8:57.
It seems that the system send one notification for every email of the user.

Is this a bug? Shouldn't the system just send 1 email informing that the threshold was reached?

Thank you in advance,

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look at your system? You can post the ticket number here and we will update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

To update, internal case CPANEL-16933 is open to address an issue where the "Number of emails a domain may send per day before the system sends a notification" option in "WHM >> Tweak Settings" can result in multiple notifications when the email triggering the limit includes multiple recipients. I'll monitor this case and update this thread with more information as it becomes available.

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

The resolution associated with internal case CPANEL-16933 is completed and now included with cPanel & WHM version 70:

Fixed case CPANEL-16933: Make sure we don't send more than one notice for Daily Email Send Notification Limit.

Thank you.

Last edited: