The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with PEAR

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dxer, Jun 9, 2004.

1. dxer

dxer Well-Known Member

After new Apache update there is a problem with some pages which were using PEAR from their own directory.

This is following PHP code and remarks about some variables not working. Please help me fix this . What could be the problem:

while($row = $result->fetchRow()) {

$naziv_tablica='naziv_'.$lang;

$ID_rubrike =$row[ID]; //THIS VARIABLE NOT SHOWING

$ID_stranice =$row[ID_stranice]; //THIS VARIABLE NOT SHOWING

$tip_vijesti =$row[$naziv_tablica];//THIS VARIABLE WORKING OK

print "ID: $row[ID_stranice] | $row[ID] $tip_vijesti<br>";

}

2. dxer

dxer Well-Known Member

Problem is found.
    There is a file db.php in local (of the particular domain) PEAR directory called DB This file has line :

define('DB_PORTABILITY_LOWERCASE', 0); This value was somehow set to "1" so "ID" was watched as "id".

The thing is that this particular client of mine have his own PEAR installation inside his web hosting account. And somehow this definition about LOWERCASE was changed !?

Server is RedHat Enterprise Linux 3.0 with cPanel/WHM. Problem started yestarday when Apache was updated and pHP wa supdated to 4.3.7. I understand that PEAR is selected as standard with every Apache build. I was just browsing PEAR installation and something is weird. I mean, I found PEAR installation to be in following path:
    /home/cpapachebuild/buildapache/php-4.3.7/pear/

is this OK ?

Further more I did NOT find db.php or dba.php file in this installation so this is weird .

I would like users with RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 with cPanel/WHM to tell me where is yours PEAR installation and is your PEAR installation have this DBA or DB directory with "db.php" file.

And is it local PEAR installation under some client account necessary or even a problem if PEAR is installed with Apache build on server

Thanks