The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with PHP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jfarias, Oct 30, 2011.

1. jfarias

jfarias Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello all,

I have a dedicated server and i'm trying to install a PHP app that require magic quotes disabled and IonCube installed. I modified php.ini (guided by info provided by phpinfo()) and it was sucessfully disabled and installed Ioncube after. But next day i found magic quotes gpc ON and still off in php,ini! this is very strange. phpinfo() function also show gpc on but 2 others magic quotes are off. IonCube also show as NOT INSTALLED.

This is related with Cpanel? What can i do?

2. NixTree

NixTree Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Where did you make the changes; in global php.ini? If so, make sure that the value isn't changed in global php.ini and there is no duplicate entries for the mentioned directive . Then check the loaded configuration file in the respective phpinfo page ( loaded from the particular user's document root ) and check whether it is loading global php.ini or any local php.ini. If you are using mod_php, check htacces files of the particular user for php_value directives.

For Ioncube , use /scripts/phpextensionmgr install IonCubeLoader to install it.

Thank you,
    Nibin.