xfactor5

Nov 1, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi,
I performed re-arrangement for a large cpanel account (40GB with lots of parked domains and a big DB) but the page got frozen at "Beginning rearrangement for ..." for about 2hours ... so I refreshed the page. Nothing happened till now and but now I see multiple re-arrange processes in running processes list (as if the refresh began another re-arrange job). Should I kill them or do I have to wait more?

Update: Re-arrenge does not even work for small accounts with 0 disk space usage.

Thanks

Last edited:

xfactor5

Nov 1, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Update: I restarted the server and it started working ... perhaps a bug or something?
PS: another strange issue was that I had to set the default location for new accounts from home2 to home in order to be able to re-arrange the account and move it to home; which sounds quite irrational because arrangement should have nothing to do with where the default location is.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
PS: another strange issue was that I had to set the default location for new accounts from home2 to home in order to be able to re-arrange the account and move it to home; which sounds quite irrational because arrangement should have nothing to do with where the default location is.
Hello,

I believe this matches the behavior reported as part of internal case CPANEL-10441 where the Rearrange An Account feature in WHM does not detect new mounts until the system is rebooted or the /root/.cpanel/datastore/MOUNTS_CACHE__proc_mounts file is removed. Can you verify if removing the /root/.cpanel/datastore/MOUNTS_CACHE__proc_mounts file on the system so it's regenerated addresses this particular issue on your system?

Thank you.