Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with rearrange account

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xfactor5, Sep 29, 2017.

1. xfactor5

xfactor5 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi,
    I performed re-arrangement for a large cpanel account (40GB with lots of parked domains and a big DB) but the page got frozen at "Beginning rearrangement for ..." for about 2hours ... so I refreshed the page. Nothing happened till now and but now I see multiple re-arrange processes in running processes list (as if the refresh began another re-arrange job). Should I kill them or do I have to wait more?

Update: Re-arrenge does not even work for small accounts with 0 disk space usage.

Thanks

#1 xfactor5, Sep 29, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  2. xfactor5

xfactor5 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Update: I restarted the server and it started working ... perhaps a bug or something?
    PS: another strange issue was that I had to set the default location for new accounts from home2 to home in order to be able to re-arrange the account and move it to home; which sounds quite irrational because arrangement should have nothing to do with where the default location is.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I believe this matches the behavior reported as part of internal case CPANEL-10441 where the Rearrange An Account feature in WHM does not detect new mounts until the system is rebooted or the /root/.cpanel/datastore/MOUNTS_CACHE__proc_mounts file is removed. Can you verify if removing the /root/.cpanel/datastore/MOUNTS_CACHE__proc_mounts file on the system so it's regenerated addresses this particular issue on your system?

Thank you.