The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with same domain email sending/webmail/outlook express

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Salvador Mosti, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Salvador Mosti

Salvador Mosti Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello everyone,

I'm having a major issue with a new WMH/Plesk instalation on a CentOS server regarding emails.

The problem is as follows:

I have a particular account under of the domains which can send emails just fine.
    However, when viewing arriving emails with webmail/squirrelmail you can see that there are new emails
    on the inbox folder. After this, trying to sync the mail with outlook express not only does NOT download the new emails from the inbox but DELETES them and they never arrive.

Aditionally when sending emails to this account, some of them arrive sometimes and some of them don't. Even when sending from the account to the account itself (me to me)

Any light to shed on this?

Thank you in advanced

2. iulyzax

iulyzax Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    i have the same problem... any solution for this issue??

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

To clarify, is cPanel the only control panel installed on this server? You mentioned Plesk, which should not be installed alongside cPanel.

Please ensure that you have selected IMAP in your Outlook Express configuration settings. Otherwise, POP3 will not leave a copy of the messages on the server unless specifically configured to do so.

Could you search the Exim logs for a specific example of this? You can use a command such as:

Code:
    # /usr/sbin/exigrep email@domain.com /var/log/exim_mainlog
    Simply replace the "email@domain" entry with an actual email address that failed to deliver email to your server.

Thank you.