The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with /scripts/dnscluster syncall --full

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by mikelegg, Sep 19, 2010.

1. mikelegg

mikelegg Well-Known Member

I have a system that copies zone files from a Windows/Plesk server to one of our cPanel servers and then re-writes them to suit the Linux Bind version.

They work fine on the cPanel server, but we're having a problem getting them to sync with the other 2 servers in the cPanel cluster.

Once the files are copied and modified we run /scripts/dnscluster syncall --full, but the new zones aren't being copied to the other servers.

I've checked that (1) the serial number on the imported zones is later than the existing zones on the other 2 servers in the cluster and (2) that the domains are present in /etc/named.conf.

What else does cPanel need to include these files in the synchronisation?

2. MattDees

MattDees cPanel Product Owner
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Well, this can be a very complex issue, first of all, is the source server set to sync with the other servers?

After that, you need to ensure that the access hashes are correct

but in all honesty, you should probably submit a ticket at tickets.cpanel.net/submit and have our techs look it over.

3. mikelegg

mikelegg Well-Known Member

Thanks Matt

Under normal circumstances the synching works fine. It's only the imported zone files that don't sync, so I'm wondering if it's something to do with the zone file format.

In any case we've gotten around the problem by importing the Plesk zone files directly to each server in the cPanel cluster rather than using the sync command.