The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with server reading PHP scripts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jghassell, Aug 11, 2003.

1. jghassell

jghassell Registered

Aug 6, 2003
    This is a ticket from my user
    All of my php config information is at

============ ID#13: Subject ============

Problem with server reading php scripts

=============== Question ===============

I'm having an issue where I get errors with any php script larger than about 9000 bytes or so (I haven't pinned it down more precisely than that). It seems that anything past a certain point around 9000 bytes is not being read. This has happened with multiple files. I have been able to add php comments to otherwise working code in order to recreate the issue, and have been able to delete comments from problematic code in order to resolve it.

The files also have two include statements, totaling about 40kB; however, commenting out the includes does not resolve the issue, so my feeling is that the cutoff point is only being caused by the 9000 bytes of the original file; the length of included files is not affecting it.

Please reference in order to see a further explanation and description of steps I have tried to resolve this.

Any help would be appreciated; my guess is that there is some setting on the server side that I am unaware of, but until this is resolved, I have no way of testing necessary changes I have made to my code.

================ Error =================

Parse error: parse error in /home/drjohnso/public_html/admin/album.php on line xxx

where xxx is very near the last line of code, at the byte limit indicated as my problem. Support Ticket Number: