The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Shared IP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rwoody, Sep 30, 2004.

1. rwoody

rwoody Member

Jul 26, 2003
    I have the oddest problem. I recently had to add IP's as I was out due to reseller accounts and number of SSL's on server. When I finally got the IP's I was reorganizing one of my reseller accounts, setting up their own shared IP ( I was using the Main shared up to this point). The problem was that no matter what url I pulled up on that shared IP, I got the first one in line in the WHM Account List for that reseller. I double checked all the dns settings to make sure all was correct and even restarted the DNS and Apache. I finally got all but one to resolve correctly. I ended up having to put that account on a static IP to fix the problem.

I had this problem once before on another server, but thatwas a managed server, and the management company never shared with me how they fixed the issue. Is there a setting somewhere that I've over looked that creates this problem? Can someone shed some light?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.
  2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2003
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    its most likely a propagation issue if you just changed the ip but if you are absolutly sure that all the sites have propagated to the new IP

then do an account restore without deleting them just restore the config files should clear your problem up had this happen to me