The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with single user which will not list any databases assigned to it

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by goshev, Aug 21, 2014.

1. goshev

goshev Registered

Hello,

I have the following problem on only one user account. The rest of the accounts are fine. The error is:

Code:
         Cpanel::DBAdmin::_log_error_and_output(Cpanel::Mysql=HASH(0x19fcd50), 'The user \xE2\x80\x9C[_1]\xE2\x80\x9D is not authorized to access \xE2\x80\x9C[_2]\xE2\x80\x9D for granting permissions to all.', 'myuser', 'cpses_leKcLy5qIw') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql.pm line 489
            Cpanel::Mysql::_dbowner_to_all_with_ownership_checks(Cpanel::Mysql=HASH(0x19fcd50), 'method', 'GRANT', 'users', HASH(0x10916d0)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql.pm line 674
            Cpanel::Mysql::updateprivs(Cpanel::Mysql=HASH(0x19fcd50)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql.pm line 1772
            Cpanel::Mysql::dbcache(Cpanel::Mysql=HASH(0x19fcd50), '') called at bin/admin/Cpanel/cpmysql line 520
    [2014-08-21 07:21:40 -0400] warn [cpmysql] The user “myuser” is not authorized to access “cpses_leKcLy5qIw” for granting permissions to all. at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/DBAdmin.pm line 159
            Cpanel::DBAdmin::_log_error_and_output_return(Cpanel::Mysql=HASH(0x2227d10), 'The user \xE2\x80\x9C[_1]\xE2\x80\x9D is not authorized to access \xE2\x80\x9C[_2]\xE2\x80\x9D for granting permissions to all.', 'myuser', 'cpses_leKcLy5qIw') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/DBAdmin.pm line 176
            Cpanel::DBAdmin::_log_error_and_output(Cpanel::Mysql=HASH(0x2227d10), 'The user \xE2\x80\x9C[_1]\xE2\x80\x9D is not authorized to access \xE2\x80\x9C[_2]\xE2\x80\x9D for granting permissions to all.', 'myuser', 'cpses_leKcLy5qIw') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql.pm line 489
            Cpanel::Mysql::_dbowner_to_all_with_ownership_checks(Cpanel::Mysql=HASH(0x2227d10), 'method', 'GRANT', 'users', HASH(0x10916d0)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql.pm line 674
            Cpanel::Mysql::updateprivs(Cpanel::Mysql=HASH(0x2227d10)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql.pm line 1772
            Cpanel::Mysql::dbcache(Cpanel::Mysql=HASH(0x2227d10), '') called at bin/admin/Cpanel/cpmysql line 520
    I have tried removing those cpses_* entries from the username yaml file and the cache for the same. Executed the setupdbmap and update_db_cache. Ran upcp with force and after that dbmap and cache update again. Nothing fixed this problem. Now the cPanel user still can access the database via shell with its password but these will not list in cPanel. Tried changing the user password to sycn it. Reset the root password did pretty much everything I can think of even though some of the things were not even related to this issue. Still the problem persists. The cPanel version is 11.44.1 ( build 17 ).

Tried also the DB map tool just before I posted this here no luck with that as well. Now when I add the databases manually to the yaml file these show in cPanel but will not list in phpMyAdmin. It shows:

-------------------
    Please be patient, you will be redirected in a moment.... The user “myuser” is not authorized to access “cpses_leKcLy5qIw” for granting permissions to all.
    -------------------

I clear those cpses from the mysql db again but phpMyAdmin loaded but again no databases. I have manually created the entries for all the missing databases and users in the file for this account:

/var/cpanel/databases/myuser.yaml

the databases have appeared. After that I have added all the usernames without linking any databases to any of the users. Relogged into cPanel and again the same issue has reappeared and this file:

/var/cpanel/databases/myuser.yaml

has been reset empty. All the manually added content has been wiped.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

#1 goshev, Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2014
  2. storminternet

storminternet Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Sometimes databases added with odd characters or with upper case may cause this type of problems. Can you please try to add another database with the lowercase and see if it viewable. If it is listed and viewable in cPanel then problem must be with database name.

3. corporatehost

corporatehost Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Please feel free to open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look. You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

5. goshev

goshev Registered

Support Request Id 5409113

Let me know if you have found anything and how this can be fixed here as this may help other people having the same issue.

6. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    To update, the issue was addressed after using a custom bash command that searched for databases/users associated with the account and added them using /usr/local/cpanel/bin/dbmaptool.

Thank you.