The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with SPF record on my VPS Server

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Geoffray, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Geoffray

Geoffray Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I have a domain wich send mail to a mailing-list (using wysija from wordpress with elasticemail account). My DNS was on OVH french host and all was ok. I decided to use my own DNS on my VPS and when i check, SPF seems to be inactive.

You can check the detailed analysis here : /http://www.mail-tester.com/wysija-amV1LjFtYXgycGVjaGUuY29t-1416333717

On my server i did :
    - /usr/local/cpanel/bin/spf_installer myaccount
    - i restart services
    - i put a DNS entry following this tutorial (/http://www.mail-tester.com/spf/cpanel) with values "v=spf1 a mx include:_spf.elasticemail.com ~all" and the same with the ip server from elasticemail.
    - I've tried both on domain and subdomain (who send emails) and no results

And still nothing, i really don't know why SPF entre can't be found... any idea to help me?

Thanks a lot.
    Regards
    Geoffray (France)

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Enabling SPF would have already created the DNS record. Did you add an additional TXT record after enabling SPF for the account? Feel free to open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look. You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

3. Geoffray

Geoffray Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Yes, i had a new DNS entry (for each subdomain to be right) when i type the command. And i overwrited it with the elasticemail SPF configuration. Do i have to do it again in order to have the main SPF entry and then add a new elasticeemail one?

I just discovered that i can have an misconfiguration in my cPanel /home/mail/email authentification (sorry if it's not exactly the same, my GUI is in french). And looking at this, i have a warning message :

"Afin de s'assurer que SPF ou DKIM prend effet, vous devez confirmer que ce serveur est un serveur autoritaire pour "1max2peche.com». Si vous avez besoin d'aide, contactez votre fournisseur d'hébergement."

I really don't know what to do, but i think the solution is near! :rolleyes:

Thanks for your help

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Feel free to open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look. You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.