Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

problem with ssh in whm/cpanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sullivan, Jul 15, 2008.

1. sullivan

sullivan Registered

Hey guys and gals,

I am in a bit of a pickle here and need some advise. so I was changing the port for ssh via SSH from 22 to something more secure. I updated the file, (by simply uncommenting the port command and changing the port number) then restarted SSH services via the whm control panel.

But when I restarted it now shows this error:

Attempting to restart sshd
    Waiting for sshd to restart.... . . . . . . . . . . finished.

Unknown HZ value! (382) Assume 100.
    sshd status

sshd has failed, please contact the sysadmin

Basically, the only way I know to get to the file that needs to be changed is via SSH but I am now locked out. I read some older posts on here and could not find anything on accessing these server files via FTP and secure FTP....only using SSH.

Its a damn newbie mistake I know, but now I am totally screwed. Any help or advise is appreciated!

Thanks

2. sullivan

sullivan Registered

I also emailed CPANEL support on this and they fixed it for me

They obviously know something I don't. Actually, they probably know a lot I don't know.

3. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

You can ask them for a reason what they have done to fix this issue...I also keen to know what they have done?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...