The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with SSL renewal

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fragtech, Sep 29, 2010.

1. fragtech

fragtech Registered

I had to renew an SSL certificate for the first time and I'm having some problems with it.

I ordered the renewal with the signing request that cPanel had stored, order went through with rapidssl fine. Then I pasted in the new key into cPanel, and it installed fine. However now when I log into my clients cPanel via WHM, its got 2 certificates, the old one and the renewal. If I log into their https site, its using the old certificate...

At this point I don't know what to do, so I tried deleting the expiring certificate from their cpanel but nothing happens, it says its been deleted but it still appears. I tried deleting it from WHM and I get the message...

Code:
    File is still referenced in Apache: myclientswebsite.co.uk.crt
    Does anyone know how I can resolve this problem? Can I still use this new certificate?

2. fragtech

fragtech Registered

Resolved.... Backed up certificates and deleted everything (via SSH) to do with the sites certificates, deleted the SSL host in cpanel as well. Then I set it to a completely different IP and reinstalled the certificate. Bit of a pest because I had to reconfigure iptables for the new IP, but its working now so mod can close thread.