The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Sub-domains and IP delegation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by staruser, Apr 12, 2011.

1. staruser

staruser Registered

Hello !
    I am using CentOS Based VPS with WHM/Cpanel. I have 10+ virtual accounts of my own hosted under it

Regarding?

All my sub-domains lost the default behavior and redirecting to main Domain

Yesterday ! I got a problem with dedicated IP . I have tried to set dedicated IP s to my wordPress Based WebSites ( Both are different virtual accounts and used two different IP s as usual ). Both are different

Ex: Mysite.com - Dedicated IP 11.11.11.11
    MySite.co - Dedicated IP 11.11.11.12

1) But after the propagation of Dedicated IPs the sub-domain installations ( Other CMS installations under the main domains ) were shown up with the new dedicated IP

Ex: 11.11.11.11 was pointed to subdomain1.mysite.com . I have deleted the sub-domain installation(subdomain1.mysite.com) to replicate the problem . But the IP redirected other sub-domain subdomain2.mysite.com

So I have immediately contacted my Web-host . They have corrected some in-corrected entries in Apache(httpd.conf) and the IPs were started working

2)-Redirecting to mydomain.com/wp-signup.php . That is not what I expected. But I felt happy as it is working well for other functionality what I expected in WordPress internally

3)Today ...when I checked sub-domain installations(Other CMS installations) subdomain1.mysite.com and others . They were also redirecting to mydomain.com/wp-signup.php . It was never expected and never happened to me. I think the host's staff have configured some thing wrongly.

The same problem occurred for the both accounts as the same staff member worked on it

I have contacted them and they are asking some questions which I think silly. They are asking me that what should they do to solve the problem . I have no hope on them and would like to solve the issue on my end

Does anybody have Idea on solving the issue? Could anybody help me to resolve the issue?

What I am expecting?

i)I need my sub-domains back
    ii)I need to set dedicated IPs and they should work as normal

Thank you!

Update( April 13) :

The Host's staff reverted the changes they have made . Now the sub-domains are working fine/ The subdomains like subdomain1.mysite.com,subdomain2.mysite.com and all other sub-domains are working fine

But unfortunately my main request has not been solved. My dedicated IPs are again redirecting to other sub-domain installations as mentioned in this Topic(Point 1) . As the IPs were not set in a right way , the Dedicated IPs are not working in a way they should work

#1 staruser, Apr 12, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  2. flashweb

flashweb Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Check ip of subdomain1.mysite.com is correctly listed in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf

3. staruser

staruser Registered

The sub-domain problem was solved by the Host's staff. But I didn't get right answer about the dedicated IP issue. I have updated the details in this main topic. Could anybody help me with that?

Thanks !

#3 staruser, Apr 13, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011