The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with suphp and permision

Discussion in 'Security' started by himan72, Nov 1, 2012.

1. himan72

himan72 Registered

May 11, 2012
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Everybody
    I need your help please. I Have a server with some sites hosting on it. inWHM under Configure PHP and suEXEC i set the php 5 handler to suphp with suexec enabled.
    My problem is when some scripts (like joomla, wp) or any other script upload files with permission 600. The script can't access to those files and i have to chmod manually to 644 so that the script can run them.
    Also when the script create a file like pdf it's with 600 permission and i have to change it manually.
    Please is there any issue to fix that problem
    Waiting for your reply
    Best ragards
  2. vanessa

vanessa Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2006
    Virginia Beach, VA
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    The underlying issue is that your scripts are uploading as 600, which means that only the user owning the file can read/write to it. The first thing I'd take a look at is your upload script to see if changing this is an option - it usually is. It may involve perhaps 'grepping' through the code to see where the 600 permissions are being set.

With suPHP, if your script is owned by your cPanel/FTP user and is 600, no other user (including Apache) can read the file. The file can be served over the web if you decide to run mod_ruid2.