Problem with text under icons

IWD

Apr 6, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
My response from cPanel support;

Hello,

This is likely related to the RVSkin plugins you have installed.

Could you please run /scripts/upcp --force?

It should resolve this issue for you.

cPanelTristan

Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Oct 2, 2010
somewhere over the rainbow
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
We are actually going to recommend opening tickets for anyone else experiencing the issue. We need to see what is causing it. Not everyone is using RVSkin who has been impacted. Please do submit a ticket (and note this forum thread where this has already been discussed). Thanks!

rmoore

Registered
Apr 9, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Re: Cpanel menu icon labels changed

I'm having the same problem as described in the original post, however a `upcp --force` didn't help. The problem seems to have started when cron ran upcp and cPanel was upgraded from 11.30.6.7 to 11.32.2.15. I don't recall changing from STABLE to RELEASE, however a week or two ago I did run easyapache to upgrade apache for PCI compliance, I probably selected the RELEASE build then. I'm running a dedicated server that had the RVSkins already installed, but I don't really use the RVSkins.

tristar_tr

Registered
Apr 9, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
We are actually going to recommend opening tickets for anyone else experiencing the issue. We need to see what is causing it. Not everyone is using RVSkin who has been impacted. Please do submit a ticket (and note this forum thread where this has already been discussed). Thanks!

Hello, I'm not using RVskin, internal License setup.
İt seems that there are problem with skin problem with upgrading to new version.

after upgrade only the icons for Logaholic' and 'Email Trace' are disappeared. both works well if i click on the text link.
after read this thread, i try to reset root template from branding area via whm panel & that issue has been fixed.

PART1
Login WHM >
Main >> cPanel >> Branding
x3 theme line, press live editor
find Available Branding Styles, style of [root](this first one)
root template area find Edit this Style Link > click on it
click Edit Icons Link> at footer press Reset All Icons button

PART 2
come back to
Main >> cPanel >> Branding
x3 theme line, press live editor
find Available Branding Styles, style of [root](this first one)
click > Apply to All Accounts

Regards

kbisignani

Jan 29, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I too was experiencing this issue, and tristar's solution worked perfectly.

Only one side note: if you have disabled accessing cPanel accounts for Root (see Tweak Settings > System) and you try to perform this operation under Root, you will not be able to access the Live Editor under the cPanel Branding screen. You must either turn this off or log in to each reseller account to make this modification.

cPanelRyan

Staff member
May 1, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

The following command should be able to fix this:

$ /usr/local/cpanel/bin/build_locale_databases --force

upcp should not need to be used since it will call the same commands as it did with the last update.

This fix has been known to work where RVSkin, and no other themes or plugins were installed and we related to the locale files needing to be updated.