The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with transfering website [moved]

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by ljwhite, Mar 7, 2006.

1. ljwhite

ljwhite Well-Known Member

problem with transfering website

I want to use cpanel to transfer anther website to overwrite my website. I know i should download/upload another website to mydomain/public_html. But i do not know how to transfer the database. If i transfer the database to my domain, how about the database on my domain. Will they gone? And i wonder how to use database after i transfer database. Shall i change the username and password of the database?
    Many thanks in advance!

2. laborspy

laborspy Well-Known Member

You can always use phpmyadmin to access your old dbase, and use the 'export' function to backup the old dbase.....and then on cPanel you can import it directly into the new dbase.

1 problem, if the dbase is over about 2mb you will not be able to import the data via phpmyadmin. You'll have to send it to your hosting provider and ask them to import it via the command line.

-Jason

3. ljwhite

ljwhite Well-Known Member

Thanks for your help. But how do i know if the database is over 2mb or not. And if it is over 2mb, can i log in cpanel or whm to transfer it?